Water & Energy Section provides an exciting & dynamic learning environment with up-to-date facilities and fully equipped laboratories in electrical and water technology.
The section covers a wide range of subfields including electrical power distribution and transmission, electrical control system, machinery and equipment, power electronics, electronics communication, digital electronics, integrated circuits, instrumentation and signal processing. Students are exposed to hands-on approach by academic staff with teaching and learning activities focusing on developing multi-skilled professionals and technopreneurial in the areas of electrical and electronics.
Producing Industry-Ready Graduates in Water Engineering for the Industrial Revolution 4.0
Water Technology emphasize on comprehensive understanding of general water engineering principles along with innovative electrical power engineering, data analytics and mission critical digital skills. Exploring the applications of IR4.0 solutions for the water engineering industry with aims of accelerating new innovation to solve 21st century water challenges.Created in partnership with global leaders in water engineering technology including the IHE Delft Netherlands, the Danish DNI and the French based Veolia Group.
IR4.0 Teaching and Learning Facilities:
Environmentally-sound practices provided through cutting-edge learning facilities including:
- Automonous unmanned aerial and surface vehicles (UAV and USV)
- State-of-the-art IoT
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Advanced laser diffraction and X-ray fluorescence spectrometry
- Graduates fulfil competencies required by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Council (ETAC), Board of Engineers Malaysia.
- Accreditation by the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) United Kingdom provides students with free membership which leads to a globally recognised professional career as chartered water and environmental engineer (C. Env.)
The curriculum permits students to engage with general water engineering principles along with emerging IR4.0 technologies providing career opportunities for a wide spectrum of industries including:
- Municipal / industrial water and wastewater management
- Hydropower and sustainable energy
- Precision agriculture
- Chemicals and petrochemicals processing
- Facilities management
- Food, beverages and pharmaceutical manufacturing
MALAYSIA FRANCE INSTITUTE
Seksyen 14, Jalan Teras Jernang,
43650 Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor
+603 – 8913 2800
+603 – 8925 8845
CONNECT WITH #UniKL